On the first Friday of the month, the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston offers guest DJs, live performances, gallery talks, specialty drinks, and much more, for First Friday in Boston. The Admission for Boston First Fridays is free to ICA members and $15.00 for nonmembers. This price includes museum admission, live entertainment, and special programming. The first Friday in February is the premiere night.
Boston First Friday has many events on the first Friday of every month. Events include:
- First Friday Open Studios. On the first Friday of months March through December, from 5:00 pm-9:00 pm, the SOWA Artists Guild member artists and others open their studios on Harrison Ave, allowing people to meet the artists in their studios, see and buy art. The event is free and parking is available.
- Black & Bloom First Friday. This is a two-part exhibition of photos by Paulette Tavormina, at Ars Libri on Friday, February 7th and Robert Klein Gallery on Saturday February 8th. Tavormina’s newest series, botanicals will be shown for the first time.
- MFA First Fridays. This is an event with fine art, music, cocktails, and tapas, located at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston on Friday, February 7th.
- Julep Bar – Boston Official St. Paddy’s Day Bar Crawl. This is an all-weekend celebration and the biggest bar crawl in Boston, with 6 registration points and over 15 bars. This even occurs on March 15th. The cost is $10.00 and you must be 21 or older to participate. If you want to participate either one or all three days, there are tickets to match every option.
- Penn & Teller. The comedy and magic duo will have three performances, on Friday January 24th and Saturday January 25th. The cost ranges from $35.00 to $75.00 dollars
A complete list of First Friday activities in Boston can be found here. It is easy to find events with their location and costs in order to get the most of First Friday Boston.
First Friday Boston events offer nights full of things to do. The Inn at Scituate Harbor offers a close retreat for a good night’s stay for First Friday activities in Boston. It is located at 7 Beaver Dam Road, Scituate Harbor, MA 02066 and is about a 40 minute drive away from many First Friday in Boston events.